- I will respect the rights, dignity, and person of each patient.
- I will render to each patient the highest quality of care and I will make appropriate and timely referrals to medical providers and/or health care professionals.
- I will accept and treat all those seeking my services without prejudice or discrimination.
- I will not discriminate against any other health care professional simply because we belong to different medical or health care professions or possess different health care skills.
- I will keep accurate health and medical records and I will respect the confidentiality of those records and any other personal information that I receive from a patient.
- I will educate my patients and I will explain treatments and clinical responses and avoid making exaggerated promises regarding the care that I provide.
- I will work to uplift the standards and conduct of the profession.
- I will maintain the highest standards regarding the advertising of my professional practice and in its presentation to the public.
- I will use appropriate legal and professional avenues to report ethical practice violations.
- I will maintain the highest standard of ethical and professional practice for the direct benefit of my patients and the profession.
- I will obey any and all health care rules, statutes, and regulations that pertain to the practice of my profession.
- I will observe and practice the highest level of professional ethical conduct.
This post is also available in: